Just blocks from the original McDonald’s location in the City of Des Plaines, Illinois, ERA worked with the Little Bulgarian School to construct a new parking lot facility for the renovated school building originally constructed in 1930. The original site only had 31 parking stalls. The improved parking lot provides 60 new parking stalls and 3 ADA spaces along with an improved drop off area. The parking lot required MWRD permitting and underground stormwater storage was needed to comply with stormwater detention and water quality requirements. The new driveway entrance onto Lee Street is an unmarked Illinois State route that included recent streetscape improvements. New drainage has helped to eliminate the frequent basement flooding. The school is now fully functional and was even able to help the community by making their space available to local sports leagues during the slower times of the year.